British Airways no longer provides services for unaccompanied minors. According to British Airways' unaccompanied minor policy, children must be accompanied by an adult at least 16 years old when traveling alone.
Under-16 travelers must have a parent/guardian sign an unaccompanied minor consent form before traveling. Reservations for minors under 16 traveling alone cannot be made online; instead, you must contact British Airways customer service.
In this post, we will learn about all the guidelines for unaccompanied minors, the ID and other documents that must be shown at the time of flight, the airline's service cost varies by location, and much more. You can also contact customer care at 1-800-247-9297 or 1-888-649-0391 (OTA).
British Airways Minor Travelling Alone Guidelines
Children or young flyers traveling alone will be treated as adults under British Airways' unaccompanied minor policy. They must be able to board their flight on their own and find their way around the departure and arrival airports.
Furthermore, it is highly recommended that the parent or adult guardian remain at the airport terminal until your child's flight departs.
You can fly alone on British Airways flights if you are 14 or older. The exception relates to flights operated by Scandinavian airlines SUN-AIR and Comair.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult over 16.
- Children under 16 must complete the unaccompanied minor and parental/guardian agreement forms. A copy of the parent's or guardian's current passport or other valid photo ID must also be included in this document.
- Bookings for unaccompanied minors under 16 cannot be made on the airline's website. Please call the British Airways customer service line.
- The kid must be escorted to check-in at least 60 minutes before departure on European flights and at least 90 minutes before departure on international mid-haul flights.
British Airways Minor Unaccompanied
British Airways' minor policy states that only SUN-AIR flights allow children aged 5 to 11 to travel without a parent or legal guardian. Furthermore, children aged 14 and up may only travel alone on BA-operated aircraft.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
- Bookings for travelers under 16 cannot be made online.
- The age limitations, surcharges, and rules of codeshare airlines may differ, so check with the airlines directly.
ID Requirements For Unaccompanied Minor
According to British Airways' unaccompanied minor policy, parents/guardians must guarantee that their kid travels with the necessary documents:
- A current passport or birth certificate.
- A valid visa and evidence of return.
- An attested BA form for unaccompanied minors.
- Consent is obtained from the parents.
- A signed copy of the parent's or guardian's passport or other valid picture ID.
- Any medicine or health declarations that are required
- The ability to communicate with their parent/guardian or the person who will meet them at the location.
Note: If a minor travels alone, they will be booked as an adult and responsible for navigating through departure and arrival airports and boarding their flight(s) without the assistance of employees. British Airways cannot accept responsibility for a youngster traveling alone.
Fees For Unaccompanied Minors
According to the BA unaccompanied minors policy, in addition to the airfare, the following unaccompanied minor fees apply for BA-operated flights per the direction of travel -
- Flights within the United Kingdom and Europe - 50 USD per passenger, per direction
- Flights to and from Russia, the Middle East, Africa, and Saudi Arabia are priced at USD 100 per passenger per direction.
- The traveler must supply the information of the Escort of Departure and Escort of Arrival at the time of booking.
- If more than one unaccompanied youngster flies on the same aircraft under the same booking reference, each successive minor will be charged 20 USD per minor per direction.
- Young Passengers are adults aged 12 to 15 years old. British Airways unaccompanied minor price includes the same monitoring expenses for these travelers.
- The unaccompanied minors service on British Airways must be ordered and paid for in full when booking.
- This service can only be booked via the British Airways booking ad and cannot be booked online.
- The unaccompanied minor service can be booked up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Any little travel-alone request would be accepted at the discretion of the BA.
Unfortunately, British Airways does not provide an unaccompanied minor service to assist young children with airport navigation. As a result, minors under 14 are not permitted to fly alone on the airline.
This means you should go above and beyond to verify that your child is capable of managing travel and that you take all necessary precautions to guarantee that you can communicate with them throughout the trip.