Pets are more than just pets for some people; they assess pets as their family members. Travelling with your furry family member on a flight is imaginable nowadays. And leaving your pet at home is only sometimes an option when travelling. Therefore, you may be researching adding your pet to Southwest Airlines Flight. To know about this, you can call at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-888-649-0391, and you will receive all the relevant information about travelling with a pet, Southwest Airlines pet policy, what things you can bring for your pet, restrictions and other things. Please read below to know more about it.
What Is Southwest Airlines Pet Policy?
In this section, you will get information related to Southwest Airlines pet policy so you know exactly what you must do to ensure your beloved pet has a great flight.
- Southwest Airlines allows small cats and dogs vaccinated and at least eight weeks old to travel in the cabin under a seat on domestic flights.
- Southwest allows up to 6 pet carriers on most flights, but exceptions may exist.
- Southwest allows you to carry one pet carrier per customer (max two pets of the same species) per flight.
- Pets are reserved first-come, first-served.
- Check-in your pet at the airport ticket counter before your flight.
- Large pets cannot fly on Southwest Airlines as they cannot fit under the seat or be checked as luggage.
How Much Does It Cost To Add A Pet In My Southwest Airlines Flight?
Southwest allows pets for $95 each trip. You can pay the pet fee when you book or at the airport when you check-in. The pet fare is per carrier and separate from your ticket. Southwest Airlines knows plans, especially with pets, can alter suddenly. Southwest Airlines provides a refundable Pet Fare if you cancel your reservation or trip and don't rebook. Call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-888-649-0391 and get your refund quickly.
How Do I Add A Pet In Southwest Flight After Reservation?
The process for adding a pet to your reservation is simple. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the Southwest Airlines webpage.
- Scroll and select flight from the options.
- Include your departure and arrival locations, class, date, and flight time.
- Select Pet from Additional Services at the bottom right.
- Fill out your dog's information on the form.
- The ticket will include pet fees once you submit the form.
- Pay and download the ticket online.
Can My Pet Fly In The Cabin With Me On Southwest Flight?
Pets are welcome to fly in the cabin with you if they are at least eight weeks old and travelling within the United States and Puerto Rico. They must be small enough to fit comfortably in an approved, ventilated pet carrier stowed under the front seat. Each ticketed customer is only allowed to travel with one pet carrier. Each pet carrier can only hold two of the same small cat or dog species.
How Strict Is Southwest With Pet Policy?
Southwest Airlines meets all pet travel requirements to assure your and your pet's safety. Pet-carrying travellers must obey certain rules:
- Small pets are allowed on domestic flights, per the airline.
- Pet owners must vaccinate their pets 10 days before the flight.
- Due to limited seats, Southwest Airlines offers pets first come, first served. Pet reservations must be made in advance.
- Only airport check-in counters can check dogs in.
- Pets can fly in airline-approved carriers.
- Pet must be eight weeks old to travel with you in the cabin.
How Do I Talk To A Human At Southwest Airlines Customer Service?
Several methods are available for your convenience to reach Southwest Airlines Customer Service. Read below to know about it:
Via Phone: Contact Southwest Airlines live agents by calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-888-649-0391. If you would like to make new reservations, modify existing reservations, or request a refund or cancellation, you can quickly contact Southwest Airlines Customer Service by phone.
IVR Procedure to get a live person at Southwest Airlines customer service:
- Call on Southwest Airlines customer service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-888-649-0391.
- Press 1 to select the language between English and Spanish.
- Press 2 to purchase a new booking for domestic or international destinations.
- Press 3 to edit the required changes or cancel the existing booking.
- Press 4 for a refund or claim for delayed or cancelled booking.
- Press # to talk to a human at Southwest Airlines.
Contact Southwest Air Airlines via Live Chat: It is one of the fastest and most effective ways to contact Southwest Airlines. The customer service representative will help you in solving all your queries. To start the Live Chat with Southwest Air Airlines, you must follow the instructions described below:
- Open the official website of Southwest Air Airlines.
- Drop down the page and click the Contact Us option under the Customer Support tab.
- On the next page, you will see the message icon. Click on that.
- Select the language as per your need.
- Tap on the start chat option.
- It will provide the options. You can choose from the options or write your message in the box.
- Send press button.
- You will be connected with the representative.
Via Email Support: Southwest Airlines representatives can also be contacted via email. You can submit an email request using the online complaint form on the site. Please read and find out how to do so below:
- Visit Southwest Airlines official site.
- Further, visit the "Contact Us" section.
- Find the complaint/feedback form.
- From the scroll-down menu, select the reason for your complaint.
- To send your email query, click the submit button.
Via Social Media: If you are trying to contact the representative by dialling the Southwest Air Phone Number, the call may not connect due to network issues. You can use social media to contact them. Below are their social media links:
- Southwest Instagram: www.instagram.com/southwestair/
- Southwest Facebook: www.facebook.com/SouthwestAir/
- Southwest Twitter: www.twitter.com/SouthwestAir/
Southwest Airlines provides exceptional customer service. Travellers enjoy their friendly service, efficiency and timeliness, and commitment to customer satisfaction. Southwest Airlines has built a loyal customer base by prioritising its customer's needs. I hope you find this article helpful.