Do you know British Airways allows you to travel with your baby? But you should know How to fly with a baby on British Airways? For more information, you can also call the British Airways customer service. British Airways flying with an infant is easy if you know how to take care of your baby on board. Travelling with an infant on British Airways can be a daunting experience, but with the right preparation and know-how, it can also be a rewarding adventure for you and your little one.
For queries like British Airways flying with an infant, dial 1-888-649-0391 or 1-800-247-9297. You will get an assistant who will guide you further.
Explore British Airways Flying With An Infant
This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process, from planning your journey to arriving at your destination stress-free. So, buckle up and prepare for a smooth and enjoyable flight with your baby!
How Much Do British Airways Charge For Infants?
According to British Airways' infant policy, children under two can fly for free on an adult's lap for domestic flights inside the UK. Still, they must pay for international flights and purchase a separate seat. Here is a breakdown of the costs:
- International Flights: Infants flying abroad are subject to a fee that varies depending on the destination and fare class. For further information regarding the unpaid costs on your flight, contact British Airways or check out their website.
- Separate Seat: If you give your child a different seat, purchase a baby fare ticket, typically less than the standard adult fee.
British Airways Infant Fare Discounts
If you want to experience British Airways flying with an infant, below are the different discounts applicable to infants depending on whether they will occupy a seat or not:
- Infants not occupying a seat pay 10% of the adult fare, with a ticketing code of Base Fare Code + IN and passenger type INF.
- Infants occupying a seat will pay 75% of the adult fare, with a ticketing code of Base Fare Code + CH and passenger type INS.
Please note that the fuel surcharge (YQ) does not apply to infant fares unless an infant occupies a seat.
Child discounts (2-11 years)
For Bmi domestic services in the UK and Ireland, no child discount is available for accompanied children.
For bmi services, except for some lower-class fares for travel in Europe, here's the child discount that applies:
- Accompanied children will pay 75% of the adult fare with a Base Fare Code + CH ticketing code.
Children travelling at the discounted rate will receive the full adult free baggage allowance. Any excess baggage will be assessed at the full adult rate.
British Airway's Child Policy
Here are the age categories for British Airways flying with an Infant:
- Infants: 0 - 23 months
- Children: 2 - 11 years
- Young adults: 12 - 15 years
- Adults: over 16 years
These age categories will help ensure accurate bookings and proper classification of passengers.
- You can certainly book a ticket for your infant, under two years old, to travel sitting on your lap or in their seat, and the ticket price will vary accordingly.
- Once your infant turns two years old, they will be considered a child and must occupy their seat during the flight. You must then book them as a "Child" instead of an "Infant" and pay the child fare.
- It is a requirement for all children under 14 years old to travel accompanied by an adult aged 16 years or over. Unaccompanied travel is not permitted for anyone under the age of 14.
Do Babies Fly Free With British Airways?
Generally, an infant fare is applicable when an infant under two years old travels sitting on an adult's lap. This fare is usually a percentage of the adult fare. However, if you prefer your infant to have their seat during the journey, you must pay a child fare instead.
Can I Take Baby Milk On A Plane On British Airways?
When travelling with a baby, you can take liquids through security that meet the general liquid restrictions. Additionally, you may bring milk and formula in baby bottles, which can exceed the usual fluid measure restrictions.
British Airways' well-described infant coverage makes travelling with a baby a seamless experience. You can ensure a relaxing and stress-free trip for your baby by being familiar with the guidelines, adding them to the reservation, understanding the fees, and investigating the British Airways infant fare options. I hope you and your infant have a pleasant journey with British Airways!
Also Read: British Airways Unaccompanied Minor