British Airways (BA) is the country's national airline. Its main hub at Heathrow Airport is not distant from its headquarters in London, England. The airline is second only to easyJet among UK-based airlines regarding fleet size and passenger capacity.
If you have booked a flight with British Airways and later discover any problems with your name, please read the British Airways Name Correction Policy before proceeding. For further information about the airlines, please call the staff at 1 (800) 247-9297 or 1-888-649-0391 (No Wait Time), and they will do their best to assist you. Please read the policies given below:
- The name on a ticket cannot be completely changed so that the passenger is changed. However, if you can provide credible proof, you can alter the name on your ticket for a marriage, divorce, or other life event.
- When British Airways operates all of the flights on the itinerary, most spelling mistakes in a name can be corrected over the phone for free.
- You may be asked to pay an additional fee if taxes, levies, or fuel surcharges have increased after you booked your reservation.
- You may be asked to submit supporting evidence to validate your name change.
- If you change or edit your name (or spelling) in the Advance Passenger Information (API), your e-ticket will not be impacted.
- For tickets purchased directly from British Airways (through their website, contact center, or sales office), phone calls can be used to request name changes.
- Only by contacting the third party directly may name changes or amendments to tickets purchased through third parties be made.
Please call the airline's customer service at 1 (800) 247-9297 or 1-888-649-0391 (No Wait Time) for further information; they will do their best to assist you.
British Airways Name Change/Correction Fees
If changes occur regarding taxes, fees, carrier-imposed charges, or fuel surcharges on the original booking, the airline must accept whatever extra amount is required from customers. The airlines don't charge for this type of modification. Before deciding to alter your name, please read the British Airways Name Change Policy. For additional questions, call the airline's helpdesk at 1 (800) 247-9297 or 1-888-649-0391 (No Wait Time).
British Airways Process for Name Change on Flight Ticket
If you desire to modify the title on your ticket to correspond with the title on your passport or other lawful papers, you must get in touch with the British Airways establishment in your area. You will not incur any costs for this unless the taxes, fees, or carrier charges have escalated following your purchase of the ticket. Kindly peruse the British Airways Name Correction Policy before altering your name.
Tips for Name Correction on British Airways Flight Ticket
If you want to change the name on your ticket to match the name on your passport or other acceptable documentation, contact your nearest British Airways office. You will not be charged if the taxes, fees, or carrier charges have increased since you booked your ticket. Please read the British Airways Name Correction Policy before making your decision.
Documents Required for Name Correction in British Airways
Please log in to your ba.com account and use our unique web form to attach the required documents, often a replica of your decree nisi, marriage license or deed poll, and a photocopy of the passport page with your name on it. Please read the British Airways Name Correction Policy before changing your name. If you have any more queries, don't hesitate to contact the airline's helpline at 1 (800) 247-9297 or 1-888-649-0391 (No Wait Time).
Read British Airways terms and conditions before booking a flight. Also read the British Airways Name Correction Policy before changing your name. You can contact British Airways customer service for solving your queries instantly. They will provide you with an agent who will guide you further. I hope you find this article useful.